How to Create an Email Marketing Funnel That gets Converts
Email marketing can be an extremely effective way to reach your target audience and convert leads into customers. However, you won't see the desired results if you don't create a funnel that attracts and engages your readers.
With new technologies being in place, everything becomes much easier. The email marketing sales funnel is like a rail track that gets your potential customers at every stage of their journey from point A to B without worrying about them getting lost.
Using bulk email services, you can monitor how your marketing campaigns are handled by mailbox providers such as Google's Gmail or Microsoft’s Outlook.
In this blog post, we'll guide you on how to create an email marketing funnel that gets converts.
What is a Marketing Funnel?
The marketing funnel is designed to attract and convert customers. It's a system that has been used for generations, with modern updates like social media or email marketing campaigns as part of your strategy - because it works.
Setting up an automated system that is measurable at any point in the customer journey will help you better understand your customer's expectations.Getting your hands on your email marketing tool is the first step in starting your marketing journey.
What is an Email Marketing Funnel?
First and foremost, let us understand why we need a marketing funnel through email. Your email list is your asset, one of the few you have control over. Wherein social media sites change algorithms very often. Though you can't rely solely on them to reach customers, they're worth considering if used alongside other channels such as advertising websites where users place ads directly onto pages themselves.
This is an excellent way to get your customer on board with the product. Educational content and persuasive selling will guide them through each buying stage, which means that you'll have more chances for conversion.
In the current scenario, it is more important than ever to have a strong customer experience. It captures how your potential customers interact with and hear about you before making any purchases from the beginning until they become regular customers.
The email marketing funnel is a strategy that creates automated emails to engage with potential customers at just the right time. Then, when you're ready, your software will send out relevant information about your products or services so they can be converted into buyers.
You can increase your profits by investing in the creation of email funnels. This will allow you to send targeted messages and grow a list, which is crucial for any marketer.
Let's take a closer look at the marketing funnel stages for the email sequence.
- Awareness: The goal of the awareness stage is to get people on your email list. You can do this by sending a welcome mail to introduce your brand.
- Consideration: In the consideration stage people take interest in what you offer, it can be as simple as opening a message or clicking a link within it.
- Conversion: In conversion stage when they’re at the point of no return, so you push them to take their desired action - perhaps with an incentive (e.g., coupons)
- Loyalty: Happy customers are your best assets. They make it easier for you to retain them by sending a series of messages with offers to keep their loyalty, rather than chasing new clients who may or may not become long-term ones.
- Advocacy: The goal of this stage is to create a sense of connection with your company that will result in more reviews, share on social media, and other forms for you.
It's very important to remember that not every email subscriber will receive a lead from your business. However, they still aim to move through all stages of the email marketing funnel and become loyal customers.
Advantages of Email Marketing Funnel:
- With the rise of social media, email marketing is more important than ever. An effective funnel will allow you to deliver communications when your audience needs them most- personalizing each message for that person. Ensure that your email strategy is in line with your marketing funnel.
- The goal of email marketing funnel is that it brings your leads face-to-face with you, making it easier for them to take the next step in their journey. This personal touch helps build trust and increase conversion rates while providing valuable content that can educate or entertain, allowing prospects to discover more about what makes your company different.
- Imagine how many new customers you could attract with an email marketing funnel! In addition, you can use it to generate leads and maintain your existing list consistently. Your email funnel works for you as you have updated technology. You don't have to create content, send emails, or keep track of anything.
- What better way to turn your buyer into a super-fan than an email funnel? It's all about consistency. People love getting positive experiences from brands, and when you give them one on every occasion, they open their inboxes for news from yours - especially if it includes valuable information like discounts or promos just waiting inside.
Steps to Create an Email Marketing Funnel for Conversion:
It's important to understand the four basic steps to engage and retain your leads, regardless of the number of ways to pull your subscribers through an email marketing funnel.
1. Generate Leads:
The best way to market is to build up your email list. Building a list is only the beginning of an email marketing strategy. Your social media followers may be many, but you can have more control over them and their communication with the brand.
If you want to collect email addresses, there are two effective ways.
1. Opt-in Forms:
One is opt-in forms which can be found on your website or blog posts and ask for users' names/email address; they're great if used in newsletters, so subscribers stay engaged with what's going down.
The great thing about opt-in forms is that you can embed them anywhere in your website. So they're perfect for sprinkling throughout blog posts and even popping up in places like the Home page above the fold or as an end card with contact information on about pages.
Your email list can be increased by using lead capture forms. In addition, different leads' contact information options can help you identify which copy performs best.
2. Landing Pages:
Landing pages offer visitors valuable information in exchange for their contact information. They work well as long as you have one lead magnet—like your email course or free trial- that educates them enough so the user can feel confident about purchasing from you when it comes time to sell something.
Consider the content that will engage your audience and help you educate them before leading into a pitch. You can also offer eBooks and digital workbooks with printable’s for those who prefer not to have electronic versions on their devices.
For each landing page you create, it’s important to keep only one call-to-action(CTA Button) and be consistent with where people click on the website.
Landing pages are an excellent way to showcase the benefits of your product without having you mention them directly. Once someone lands on this page and signs up for updates, we'll be able to nurture them throughout their journey in our email funnel.
2. Lead Nurture Campaign:
Regardless of your chosen lead generation tactic, it’s important to nurture your email lists. This can be done by creating segmented lists and sending the most relevant email content or deal tailored just for them.
Automation platforms are excellent at automatically segmenting users based on their signup form (or other types), website behavior & demographic information. This process is simple enough that even a non-tech-savvy person could do it quite easily.
Lead nurturing emails are the perfect way to build a relationship with your customers and help them personalize their experience. A targeted, valuable email is just one more opportunity for you as a brand messenger that will position your credibility in front of potential clients.
When sending nurturing emails at this stage, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Personalized emails based on their preferences
- Examples of success stories, custom success stories, and user-generated content
- Resources such as webinars or blogs for free
3. Personalized Content for High Open Rate:
In b2b marketing, if your email marketing campaigns need to succeed, email personalisation is a great way to connect with your prospects and make them feel special.
This means having tools that can create personal and unique messages for each customer, so they'll want nothing else but to read through their emails or feel like somebody cares enough to give them what they need without any hassle.
4. Converting Leads Into Customers:
You’ve reached the bottom of your sales funnel, and now you need to start pushing more aggressively. This means personalized nurturing campaigns with an offer tailored towards what they want, and not just pitched at them in general terms like before.
The final conversion emails include the following:
- Retargeting: This is a great way to get in touch with your potential customers and remind them about what they might have missed. You can use retargeted ads based on the products that these people are interested in, which will help you make more sales.
- Time Sensitive offers: Sending seasonal offers to your warm leads, you can increase the conversion rate. For example, these emails could include coupons or birthday deals or limited time offers for those who access a website after an extended period has passed.
- Onboarding: By using a lead magnet, you can turn your trial users into paying customers once their free period is about to expire.
5. Customer Retention:
We all know that converting a customer into an actual paying subscriber is only the beginning of our job. Retaining them and building loyalty for long-term value creation will increase their lifetime revenue, which means you should focus on getting people to buy from us again once they’ve made their first purchase.
This sounds similar to nurturing leads in step two. Still, there are some key messaging differences since we can talk about how great things are at this company more directly instead of focusing solely on what product/service.
Customer retention can be achieved by following the below points:
- Track your customers' progress and stay one step ahead by providing them with updates on a weekly or regular basis.
- Use your customer's purchase history to create a more personal experience and offer bigger discounts if they're likely going out. You don't want them thinking that you are just trying to push them into buying something when the opposite approach will work better for everyone involved.
- To increase your customer's loyalty and satisfaction, offer referral campaigns encouraging them to share the good news with others. You can give points for every successful reference or money off for their next purchase.
Automation in Email Marketing:
Automation in email marketing can be a great way to save time and effort. It is one of the most effective methods for implementing automation into your campaign management process. It helps you send more emails with less work on an ongoing basis while also saving money by cutting out some manual tasks.
You can also use automation with other marketing channels like social media posts or webinars for maximum impact on conversion rates.
With tools like smartlead.ai you can send many email campaigns in 1 click. With it, you can reach out to your customers at the best time and provide them with valuable content. You'll also build deep relationships by giving discounts or freebies for an honest review of their experience.
Email marketing has been proven to be the most effective form of digital advertising. It works at every stage in your sales funnel, from capturing visitors who are just looking for information about you down to retaining current customers and generating new leads - it never fails.
Email marketing continues to be powerful. It’s projected that over 319 billion emails will be sent daily worldwide by 2021, which has been linked to conversion rates for B2C (73%) and B2B companies.
A well-constructed email funnel can help you convert prospects into customers. The automation software helps build an engaged customer base by providing value and boosting ROI while cutting down on time-consuming tasks.
Email marketing funnels are an effective way to increase online sales. By understanding how email marketing works and using the correct tone, you can create a funnel that converts leads into customers.
1. What is a funnel strategy?
The full-funnel marketing strategy is a holistic, 360-degree approach to selling that involves tailoring your message for each stage of purchase.
2. What is a digital marketing funnel?
The digital marketing funnel is a series of steps determining how likely you are to convert your visitors into customers.
A fun-loving, creative, and passionate writer. Experienced as a curriculum writer for kids at CompuSkool (Information Technology) written interactive learning materials that engaged young minds between 3 to 17 year olds across different technology areas. After a break from writing, now pursuing passion through blogging. Now a technical writer at SmartLead. Waiting for the future to reveal itself as days unfold.